Thursday, April 08, 2010

heavenly hollyhocks


Hollyhocks make me so happy. And really, they couldn't be blooming at a better time. As I sit here at my desk I can look out on my backyard and see these gems and take in their beauty. It's also an excuse to walk through my kitchen with my camera and snap some shots.


You see I'm confined to my desk while they install my new kitchen cabinets. And I am about jumping out of my skin, I am so anxious for them to be done. But the beauty of these hollyhocks have a strangely calming affect on me.


And I know that often times I miss the beauty in moments that lay right before my very eyes, all the while obsessing on what's next. Don't we all.
Oh you guys, I want to be such a good steward of this amazing kitchen. I don't want to miss the opportunities that are right before my very eyes. I want this kitchen to be an extension of Christ in me. A safe place where many can gather and be known and nurtured.
And loved well.

4 comments:

NanAZ said...

I love those glorious flowers and I still need to figure out a place to plant the seeds that you gave me. I can't wait to see your kitchen too!

Bette Hughes said...

Oh Linda I just planted Hollyhocks :) I grew up with them in Iowa and used to make little dolls out of them to play with. Oh the memories!! We; had so many different colors too. I didn't think they would grow here. I am so excited to see yours and know that maybe next year I will have some little ladies. :) Thank you for sharing your beautiful photos. They make me feel so good...
Hugs, Bette

Bette Hughes said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bette Hughes said...

Oh Linda I just planted Hollyhocks :) I grew up with them in Iowa and used to make little dolls out of them to play with. Oh the memories!! We; had so many different colors too. I didn't think they would grow here. I am so excited to see yours and know that maybe next year I will have some little ladies. :) Thank you for sharing your beautiful photos. They make me feel so good...
Hugs, Bette