Wednesday, May 26, 2010

middle sister

He's almost home! Yup, Randy left on a roadtrip 9 days ago and he'll be home in a few hours. So excited! And yes, I was a good blogger/facebooker and didn't mention that he was gone. You do know that's a no-no, especially when you're alone. Although my dogs bark if anyone even walks by our house, so I wasn't worried in the least.

Anyway, I got lots done while he was gone, as my sister Ginny & her husband are coming for 5 days, arriving Sunday! SOOO excited! And yes, that would be my sewing sister featured HERE and exactly 3 years ago HERE. And you're probably wondering what we have planned? Well, ANYTHING WE WANT! I'm sure we'll be going to IKEA, HOBBY LOBBY and MY LITTLE THRIFT STORE quite often, if not every day. Hey why not, they're all a mile or so from my home. And then sewing of course. And processing our lives. And decorating my home. And breaking open THIS bottle of wine.

I don't know about you but I love artsy, cool labeling and this wine label is perfect for my sister. You see my sister Ginny is the middle sister. And she's totally sassy and cool and even somewhat of a rebel. Not in a bad way. My sister could get away with wearing the latest fashions long before anyone else dared. She knew all the latest dance moves and even made up groovy words that actually caught on. She was fearless. Never afraid to express herself creatively. And I could always count on her to be honest with me... you know, to say the hard things. But always in love. That's my sister.

Middle Sister Rebel Red
750ml



Did you know that birth order is commonly believed to have a profound and lasting effect on psychological development? And that the middle sister has a greater chance of having a special wine named just for her? A sassy blend of our three favorite red varieties perfect for sipping before, during and after our favorite family meals. Some people are just born lucky. Now give me back my blouse.


Could not have said it any better.

4 comments:

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

Have fun with your sister! and find some good stuff at the thrift store!!

Lori said...

I bought this same bottle for my middle sister. She loves to use the fact that she is "middle" and oh the poor middle child. She is double middle there are five of us, two boys on either and all the sisters in the middle of the two boys. She doesn't stand a chance.

Karen said...

What a fun posting! Welcome home, Randy. And a welcome to your middle sister and her hubby. What fun. Hope you show your projects and your finds from that thrift store.
Have a blessed day!
Karen
Ladybug Creek

Laurie - Lolo So Retro said...

Have fun with your sis - love that you found a wine that is "her"! My sister found a wine of her own, it is called "Mad Housewife" and the lady on the label looks like her!